First off, thank you for choosing Skintricate Tattoo Company as your shop of choice!!
You have just received a professional, safe, and sterile tattoo. Throughout the tattoo procedure, we have done our part - now let's focus on your part.
It is now up to you to take care of your new tattoo, so remember it is normal for the tattoo to become swollen and red within the next 24hrs, and you can expect it to get scabby and somewhat sore within the next 48-72hrs. Depending on your overall health and aftercare, the healing time varies from 2 - 3 weeks.
Day 1 (tattoo day)
1. Leave the bandage on for 3 - 5 hours, unless otherwise instructed by Skintricate Tattoo Company.
2. Remove the bandage, lather your hands with non-scented soap and gently rub over the tattoo, then rinse with warm water.
3. Repeat steps one and two 3 - 4 times or until your new tattoo stops leaking lymphatic fluid.
4. Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towel and do no re-bandage.
Days 2 – 3:
5. Wash your new tattoo once a day in the shower with non-scented soap and water. Make sure your hands are clean when you do, pat dry with a clean towel or paper towel.
6. If you think you got it dirty or if you sweat, please repeat Steps 5 and 6.
Days 3 – 2 weeks:
7. Wash your new tattoo once a day in the shower with non-scented soap and water. Make sure your hands are clean when you do.
8. Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towel.
9. Allow the tattoo to air dry for 10 MINUTES.
10. Wash your hands, and then rub a small amount of H2Ocean/non-scented moisturizing lotion on the tattoo. Just enough to moisturize, don’t over do it.
11. Apply the H2Ocean/non-scented moisturizing lotion no more than 3 times a day unless you notice your tattoo has completely dried out. Apply lotion once in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Apply the H2Ocean/non-scented moisturizing lotion sparingly; use only enough to keep your tattoo shiny. Keeping your tattoo moist is important, but do not overdo it by globbing it on.
12. Repeat steps 7 – 10 if you get your tattoo dirty or sweat or workout.
13. Repeat steps 7 – 11 for a minimum of two weeks.
14. After 4 - 6 days, you may notice coloured flaking and scabbing. Don't panic, this is normal and is only the top layer of skin exfoliating. Do not pick, scratch or pull the flakes or scabs!
All of the precautions listed below are important to follow for a minimum of 10 days after the tattoo, as all
could result in serious irritation, pro-longed healing and, of course, a very nasty infection!
DO NOT re-bandage.
DO NOT go sun tanning.
DO NOT go swimming in a pool, hot tub, lake, ocean, or any large body/form of water for at least 2 weeks.
DO NOT pick, pull or scratch! It is just like a scab - if anything comes off while cleaning that’s fine; if not just leave it alone.
DO NOT place your healing tattoo on dirty gym equipment.
Please don’t hesitate to call us here at the shop at 905-858-5055 with any questions or concerns.