First off, thank you for choosing Skintricate Tattoo Company as your shop of choice!!
You have just received a professional, safe, and sterile body piercing. We have used the highest implant grade titanium for your jewellery and throughout the piercing procedure. We have done our part; now let us focus on your part!
It is now up to you to take care of your new piercing, so remember: it is normal for the piercing to become swollen and red within the next 24hrs, and you can expect it to get crusty and somewhat sore within the next 48hrs. Depending on the area that has just been pierced, and the size of the jewellery, the healing time varies from 2 to 12 weeks.
If you purchased an H2Ocean Mouthwash, follow these simple instructions for 4 - 6 weeks, or unti piercing is fully healed:
1. Smiley, web, lips, philtrum - Take a capful of mouthwash and swish around for 30 seconds and spit, 3 times a day minimum.
2. Tongue - Take a capful of mouthwash and swish around for 30 seconds and spit after every meal, snack, or non-water drink.
3. Smoking is fine (though smoking can slow down the healing process).
4. Be sure to rinse your mouth out thoroughly with water after brushing your teeth).
SALT WATER SOLUTION
To make this solution you will need iodized sea salt and water.
Put a few cups of water into a clean pot, for every cup of water you’ll need 1 tsp of salt. Stir it in.
Bring to a boil, take it off the stove and let it cool.
Once cooled, simply pour into a couple clean empty water bottles/containers. You will have to have a bottle of this solution readily available at all times during the healing process.
Tongue piercings - Every time you put something in your mouth that isn’t water, you’ll need to rinse your mouth out with this solution (e.g. after meals and snacks). Rinse for 30 seconds and spit.
Lip, philtrum, web, and smiley - Rinse for 30 seconds and spit, 3 times a day minimum.
Smoking is fine (though smoking can slow down the healing process).
Be sure to rinse your mouth out thoroughly with water after brushing your teeth).
Repeat steps 1 through 5/6 for 4 – 6 weeks, or until piercing is fully healed.
All of the precautions listed below are important to follow for 10 - 14 days after the piercing, as all could result in serious irritation, pro-longed healing and, of course, a very nasty infection!
1. DO NOT drink beer, wine, or milk (this can cause a yeast or bacterial infection).
2. DO NOT eat spicy foods, citrus fruits/drink, over-toasted or crunchy food, hot food/drink, or dairy products.
3. DO NOT make out with anyone or perform oral sex.
4. DO NOT play with the piercing, leave it alone!
APPROXIMATE HEALING TIMES BY PIERCING
Please see below for approximate healing times. Please note, not everyone heals the same, and these times may vary. If the piercing is snagged, caught, slept on, played with, or changed too early, healing time will be affected. Please follow your aftercare diligently and feel free to come by any time during our piercing hours for us to take a look at how it is healing.
1. Lips, philtrum- 2 months
2. Tongue - 3 months
3. Web, Smiley - 2 weeks
WHEN YOU CAN/SHOULD CHANGE OR DOWNSIZE YOUR JEWELLERY
Please see below for recommended times you are able to downsize jewellery, or switch to your own, based on the piercing type. Downsizing is recommended for some piercings for optimal healing and to avoid migration and snags in some. It is recommended that you get your new piercing downsized/changed by a piercer the first time, so that they can be sure you are healing ok. Please remember, not everyone heals the same, and these times may not work for your piercing. Always check in with us before a possible downsize or change.
1. Lips, philtrum- 6 weeks for a shorter stud, 2 months for a ring
2. Tongue - 6 - 8 weeks for a shorter bar
3. Web, Smiley - 2 weeks if you want to change the jewellery, downsizing not required
If you have any problems or questions please don’t hesitate to call us here at the shop 905-858-5055.
Your piercer’s name is Anna!