GENERAL PIERCING AFTERCARE
First off, thank you for choosing Skintricate Tattoo Company as your shop of choice!!
You have just received a professional, safe, and sterile body piercing. We have used the highest implant grade titanium for your jewellery and throughout the piercing procedure. We have done our part; now let us focus on your part!
It is now up to you to take care of your new piercing, so remember: it is normal for the piercing to become swollen and red within the next 24hrs, and you can expect it to get crusty and somewhat sore within the next 48hrs. Depending on the area that has just been pierced, and the size of the jewellery, the healing time varies from 4 weeks to 9 months.
If you purchased an H2Ocean Piercing Spray, follow these simple instructions for 4 - 6 weeks:
1. Wash/Rinse gently once a day in the shower with non-scented soap and water.
2. Spray on desired area 3 times a day minimum (e.g. when you wake up, once in the afternoon and again before you go to bed), as well as after the shower.
3. Once sprayed on, simply let it air dry. Do not pat dry or immediately cover with clothing.
4. Repeat Steps 1 - 3 for 4 - 6 weeks, or until piercing is fully healed.
SOAP AND WATER
If you have decided to heal your piercing with just soap and water, follow these instructions for 4 - 6 weeks:
1. Wash your hands before you clean your piercing!
2. We recommend that you use non-scented soap (e. g. Dove or Ivory), or spectro gel.
3. Clean the piercing three times a day (e.g. morning, noon and night). Be sure to clean it after a shower to remove any dirt from your hair and face that may have attached itself to the piercing, even if it exceeds the initial 3 times a day.
4. Put the soap on a clean finger and gently go around both ends of the piercing, then splash the area with water to remove the soap and any debris.
5. Repeat Steps 1 through 4 for 4 - 6 weeks, or until piercing is fully healed.
All of the precautions listed below are important to follow for during the healing process, as all could result in serious irritation, pro-longed healing and, of course, a very nasty infection!
1. DO NOT SLEEP ON IT - you can get a travel pillow to help with ear piercings if you like!
2. DO NOT play with, move/twist, or touch the piercing!
3. DO NOT let other people touch your piercing, including pets.
4. DO NOT use rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Bactine, salt and water, or wound healing creams/ointments, such as polysporn, bacitracin etc.
5. DO NOT cover or wrap your piercing in any form of dressing ie. Gauze or Bandaids.
6. DO NOT pick, pull, peel or scratch off any crunchies/scabs.
7. DO NOT go swimming in a pool, hot tub, lake, whatever, for at least 2 weeks.
APPROXIMATE HEALING TIMES BY PIERCING
Please see below for approximate healing times. Please note, not everyone heals the same, and these times may vary. If the piercing is snagged, caught, slept on, played with, or changed too early, healing time will be affected. Please follow your aftercare diligently and feel free to come by any time during our piercing hours for us to take a look at how it is healing.
1. Earlobes - 6 - 8 weeks
2. Helix, conch, flat, tragus, rook, daith, anti-tragus, snug - 5 - 6 months
3. Navel - 5 - 6 months
4. Industrial , Nipples - 6 - 9 months
5. Lips, philtrum, eyebrow - 2 months
WHEN YOU CAN/SHOULD CHANGE OR DOWNSIZE YOUR JEWELLERY
Please see below for recommended times you are able to downsize jewellery, or switch to your own, based on the piercing type. Downsizing is recommended for optimal healing and to avoid migration and snags in some. It is recommended that you get your new piercing downsized/changed by a piercer the first time, so that they can be sure you are healing ok. Please remember, not everyone heals the same, and these times may not work for your piercing. Always check in with us before a possible downsize or change.
1. Earlobes - 4 - 5 weeks for a shorter stud, 2 months for costume jewellery/hanging jewellery
2. Helix, conch, flat - 5 - 6 weeks for a shorter stud, 5 - 6 months for a ring
3. Tragus, rook, daith, anti-tragus, snug - 6 - 8 weeks if you want to change the jewellery, downsizing not required
4. Industrial - 12 weeks for a shorter bar
5. Lips, philtrum - 6 weeks for a shorter bar, 12 weeks for a ring
6. Eyebrow - 6 weeks for a shorter bar, 8 weeks for a ring
7. Nipples, navel - 8 weeks for a shorter bar, 12 weeks for a ring
If you have any problems or questions please don’t hesitate to call us here at the shop 905-858-5055.
Your piercer’s name is Anna.